Amplifone HV diodes??

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 00:22:11 EST

I'm posting this question to the list; perhaps somebody has sourced the
Amplifone HV diodes and can e-mail Arild?? His address and question is below:

a.l.johnsen@usit.uio.no (Arild L. Johnsen)

>>>In the faq you say that it is hard finding a replacement for the HV-diode
(CR3).. now my HV-diode is dead, so ofcourse I'm looking for a
replacement. In a local electronics-shop i found a HV-diode with these
specs:

BY328 MAX kV: 1,5 MAX mA: 6000* typ vid V: 1,4 mA: 6000

ľA: 150 ns: 500 Damper diode. *IFWM

*FWM = Working peak forward current

Do you think it could work as a replacement ? I don't have any
monitor-knowledge.. so maybe I'm just making a fool of myself :)<<<<

I know this diode will NOT have a chance; 1.5kv is out of the
question...Perhaps somebody can e-mail Arlid (address in above) if they know
of a good source??

Thanks,
MK