Re: Farewell to UT's vectorlist

From: Neil Bradley <neil_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 13:33:54 EST

> > I'm terribly sorry that everybody's been so ruffled over this recent
> > policy spat. Since Joe bowed out, and Neil and company have started a new
> > vectorlist, I'm going to shut this one down in a day or so. It's been
> > nice managing the list when everybody's been civil, but I don't want to
> > anger any more people over such a trivial matter. Neil, if you could post
> > instructions on how folks can move over to vectorlist and rasterlist at
> > your server, I'd appreciate it.

Sure.

In any case, everyone needs to know that there was no ill feelings
anywhere on my part. I had an overwhelming number of requests (18 so far)
to start a new list, and did so on everyone's recommendation/request - not
out of spite for Paul or Joe. Until yesterday evening, I had no idea who
ran the list. Right now there are 62 listmembers on the
vectorlist@synthcom.com - How many were on the old list?

"subscribe" or "subscribe username@address.com" in the body.

"unsubscribe" in the body.

To send a message to the list, send it to "vectorlist@synthcom.com".

For some reason, Majordomo isn't spitting back the welcome info nor the
subscription success message. But you all are getting subscribed. I'll
have to figure out why. ;-(

> > I'd suggest that anybody who's keeping archives of vectorlist contact me
> > immediately if you need some more time to back up the messages. I'm not
> > sure if UT will hang on to the archives once the list is deleted.

I can archive the messages here, too. I've started an archive of the newer
messages as well.

-->Neil

Neil Bradley Synthcom home : http://www.synthcom.com
Synthcom Systems, Inc. Y2K Dumbness - "Instant noodle meals are disappearing."
ICQ # 29402898 "Hordes coming for my Ramen stash? I'm getting my gun."