RE: Farewell to UT's vectorlist

From: Neil Bradley <neil_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 22:42:38 EST

> > the solutions are simple. But it's a really, really sad day when we see
> > Clay and Al leave since they are some of the best contributors to the
> > list.
> So it's a Democracy -- i.e. "All pigs are equal."

Well, Democracy = Majority rules, not "All pigs are equal". In a
democracy, you also can choose not to vote.

My point about Al & Clay has zero to do with the weight - it had to do
with indicating that something was quite wrong for some of the most
recent . I got encouraged - I made a new list. Simple as that!

> But when Clay
> and Al leave it's a sad day (i.e. sadder than when John Doe leaves,)

It is more sad when someone who is a regular, positive, and prolific
contributor quits than one who never contributes and just lurks - no
question.

This has consumed enough of my time. Just trying to make people happy. If
I haven't made it clear to you or anyone else, I apologize for my
shortcomings.

-->Neil

Neil Bradley Synthcom home : http://www.synthcom.com
Synthcom Systems, Inc. Y2K Dumbness - "Instant noodle meals are disappearing."
ICQ # 29402898 "Hordes coming for my Ramen stash? I'm getting my gun."