Re: Farewell to UT's vectorlist

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 12:49:10 EST

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 14:58:33 -0600, you wrote:

>And we've just lost Joe, who is also one of the best contributors to the
>list. Anybody (including Joe, Clay, and Al) who leaves a list over a silly
>issue like this is not being terribly mature, in my opinion. We're getting
>in a tizzy over *nothing* - literally nothing.

Man I'd have to agree completely!

I've been offsite and unable to respond to vectorlist, but this is the
weirdest thing I've ever seen in a mailing list!

I'm going to miss the old vectorlist, it was probably the only place I knew on
the net that was spam free. I can't believe people would leave a mailing list
because there was not enough spam! WEIRD!!

I guess on the new list it's a contribution to spam ratio thing huh?

So if I design a new vector generator can I run an auction to sell off some
off my Star Castle power supplies?

And of course if I don't have the knowledge to design a new vector generator
and my knowledge of electronics is low and I try to sell something I get nuked
from the list.

So now it's:

"I have a problem with a vector monitor, it has squiggly lines."

"Did you try a cap kit? It just so happens I have one for sale. For just
$19.99 you can fix the majority of problems you'll experience in a vector
monitor! Go to my website for even more great VECTOR deals!!"

Yeah, I sure look forward to the new list! -- sarcasm. But I'll definitely
join the newlist. I just think the whole switch over was pointless, there's
*SO MANY* places to advertise on the net, I just can't believe people are
*begging* for more!

Not enough spam.... Very strange!!

-Zonn