Asteroids Sound Problem

From: Steven Winslow <winslow_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 17:08:07 EST

Hi Neil!

I've mostly been a lurker (learner) on the old list and haven't really
spoken up much. I did once have a Zaxxon (not XY I know). Everytime your
ship exploded, you'd get a kind of hissing noise instead of the explosion
sound. Everything else worked just fine.

After examining the sound section of the board I decided to go ahead and
replace the numerous 1 uf caps. After replacing all the caps (about 30)
the explosion sound was back. Because your game is still attempting to
make the noise it could be a similar problem. You could try and replace
all the caps in the sound section of the PCB. I don't remember if
Asteroids has many so it shouldn't be much work. Circuitry always
appreciates fresh caps.

----