Asteroids Deluxe 12.096MHz xtal

From: Josh Wirth <jwirth_at_gru.net>
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 10:51:34 EST

Hi all again,

My Asteroids Deluxe is working perfectly now but I have two spare boards I'd
like to repair. Neither came up when I plugged them into the machine so I
began investigating. First thing I noticed, both spares had their crystals
(Y1) removed. This is supposed to be a 12.096 MHZ crystal but I can't find
any of these locally. Looking at the schematics, the counter simply divides
the crystal's frequency into the desired 6MHz shouldn't a 12.000 MHz clock
produce basically the same clock rate? (I ask because I can get a 12.000MHz
crystal right away as opposed to ordering one.)

Also, does anyone have a good Electrohome HV cage for the B&W 19" Vector
monitor that they'd like to sell?

Thanks for any help,
  Josh