Re: Amplifone Tube - Save or Trash?

From: Jon Raiford <raiford_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 10:34:47 EST

You should remove the yoke, convergence rings, magnetic shunts (little magnetic strips that are underneath the yoke), and the yoke wedges. Maybe even pop off the plastic nipple off the end of the tube where the pins are (although I think that is the "standard" one).

Maybe you would also want to take off that metal strap that goes around the front of the screen :)

WARNING - In case you don't appreciate that joke (which I think you can), don't remove that strap. It may cause the monitor to implode.

Jon

By the way, did everyone see that NOS 19" Amplifone yoke on sleezBay? As hard as those yokes are to come by, I wouldn't have expected it to sell so cheap.