Eprom Programmers

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Sun Jan 16 2000 - 16:37:48 EST

I've been thinking about looking for an old eprom programmer to have, in
case any games need new eproms burned. I'm assuming that, since I'm fixing
old vector games, an old burner should be fine.

One I happened to just run across is this Wavetek EP-804, which oddly enough
my net searches this afternoon have returned almost no information on. One
happens to be up on e-bay now --
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=234237394 -- it's
only got another hour left, but I'm assuming these things show up.

Anyone know of a link for docs on something like this ? Is it usefull
without special software ?

Any hints on what a good burner I should be looking for would be ?

-Chris