RE: NOVRAMs (X2212, X22C12)

From: Clay Cowgill <vector_clay_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 02:29:36 EST

>where can we grab some?

I just ordered from Pioneer-Standard. They really reamed me for shipping
and handling though. (Well, they're a distributor so I should have been
expecting that...)

I bought 50 for a total of $311 after shipping/handling/tax. :-/

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it if you don't buy any now-- they can
be replaced with another type of chip (the 2816 is a good candidate) if the
supply ever *totally* drys up. It looks like there's a fair number of them
in brokers hands, but they've been pretty hit-n-miss price-wise.

(They do have some funny pins that do things like recall the data to the
"fast" memory array, but modern parts like would work fine by just ignoring
the extra lines. On the other hand, it's nice just having a chip that just
plugs into the socket instead of a daughtercard...)

-Clay