Re: vector tube glue stuff?

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 04:01:11 EST

Hot glue, no, remote chance of implosion
Elmer's, no, moisture & heat sensitive
Silicone, yes, should work fine. Try to get the type WITHOUT acetic acid
Rubber cement, maybe, would probably be the easiest to use

Perhaps rubber cement to get everything in the right place and then silicone to
make sure it stays there.

"Mark A. Jenison" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I put a new vector tube in the Tac/Scan I will be selling, and was
> wondering what I should use to glue the rubber wedges and convergence
> tabs/shunts in place. It looks like hot glue was used originally; would
> glue from a hot glue gun suffice? What about silicone caulking? Elmer's
> glue? Rubber cement???
>
> Mark Jenison

Windows:
32 bit graphical interface for a