Re: G-80 conversion wiring hell.

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 15:38:11 EST

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Mark A. Jenison wrote:

> From wiretap pinouts (which i submitted a long time ago):
>
> X-Y Timing Board
> ----------------
>
> 1 - Y
> 2 - Shield
> 3 - Empty
> 4 - X
>
> X-Y Control Board
> -----------------
>
> 1 - Blue
> 2 - Red
> 3 - Empty
> 4 - Green

> However, now that I look at these, I think one of these is wrong...damn,

I sure hope so, for if 'tis not, then truely do I have the most wretched
bastard of a G-80 card cage, for I dist spake:

> > On my cage, P30 has four wires -- Red, Black, Blue, Green. P31 has three
> > wires -- Grey, Black, (blank -- hole plugged), and White.

Merily, for there dost are four, yes, FOUR wires on one of my acursed
connectors !

(Yes -- I've finally lost it. I spent this morning untangling botched CAT-5
wiring in the office. I'm going to ask my wife to teach me knitting.)

If both P30 and P31 are supposed to have only 3 wires, then I've got some
tracing to do tonight to see where these wires actually go.

Do you recall either of the connectors have holes plugged up with plastic
plugs ?

-Chris