Re: BZ centering pots: was : Asteroids Deluxe Repair Story Part 2

From: Matthew Sell <msell_at_ontimesupport.com>
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 20:43:28 EST

Todd,

The magnet rings are helping? Both tabs work in conjunction with each other
(moving one affects the other), so it takes a little patience and small
adjustments.

My wife helped by watching the display and telling me what direction to
move the display while I worked the tabs, usually making adjustments on the
order of 1/8 travel at a time. Took about 15-20 minutes to get everything
correct based upon the radar and horizon marks.

        - Matt

At 05:35 PM 1/23/00 -0500, you wrote:
>First, is the hack for installing centering pots documented anywhere on the
>net?
>
>I wondered about this on my Battlezone cabaret also. The image is just a
>tad over to the side
>and adjusting the magnet rings on the neck doesn't help. A quick peek at
>the schematics
>and game board show that it looks like centering is supported, but the PCB
>is unpopulated with
>some components. Has anyone tried adding these components to gain X & Y
>centering
>

>Todd Miller, LAN Administrator
>Ron Weber and Associates
>103 E. State Street, Mason City, IA 50401
>(515)423-4293/(515)423-4594 FAX
>http://www.telethinking.com <http://www.telethinking.com>

Why should I worry about Windows crashing on January 1st? Mine crashes
every day...