Re: X22C12P (again)

From: Matthew Sell <msell_at_ontimesupport.com>
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 20:48:35 EST

Clay,

Is the symptom for this chip being faulty the game's inability to remember
configuration settings?

Mine won't accept DIP switch settings, but will happily take configuration
changes from the front service panel. After a few days of inactivity
(usually - sometimes it forgets immediately) the setting revert back to a
configuration that doesn't match the DIP switch settings.

No big deal, just time consuming.

If this has been explained recently, I apologize. : )

        - Matt

At 04:23 PM 1/23/00 PST, you wrote:
>Just for the sake of recording this for future generations... ;-)
>
>The Xicor X22C12P seems to work just fine as a replacement for the X2212D
>that was originally used on Star Wars/ESB. (It looked fine on paper, but
>it's always kinda nice to see it work in-circuit.)
>
>Both of these chips (the 2212 and 22C12) are now fully obsolete and the
>lifetime buy from the factory was closed at the end of December, 1999. The
>last shipments will be in April I think. Pioneer-Standard should still have
>some if anyone wants to stock up...
>
>-Clay

Why should I worry about Windows crashing on January 1st? Mine crashes
every day...