Re: Quantum overlay

From: Noel Johnson <nej_at_airmail.net>
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 11:47:50 EST

> At 03:48 AM 1/29/00 -0600, you wrote:
> >
> > I hope your deal on this goes through OK. If you want to know what I mean by
> > that, take a look at the bid history page. I've seen garbage like that
> > before, usually just before a computer goes down for the last time.
>
> OK, I give up. What was unusual about the bid history? I was guessing that it
> would hit the $400-500 mark, so the final price wasn't that unexpected.

Rodger may have been referring to the fact that Ebay went down within an
hour after the auction close. At least it did for me, I kept getting
"connection reset by peer" messages whenever I would click on a specific
item number. It's a darn good thing Murphy's law was on our side this
time and Ebay didn't go down sooner [the risks of bid sniping are many
:-)].