Re: Quantum overlay

From: Noel Johnson <nej_at_airmail.net>
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 11:54:23 EST

> Seriously though, $455 is in the right range for something like this. With
> whole machines selling in the $1,500 to $2,500 range and used control
> panels selling for ~$200-250, $455 is a good price for an NOS overlay. NOS
> overlays have been selling at about 2X the price of entire control panels
> (seems counterintuitive, but that's the way it goes - once the CPO is
> applied, its value is cut by more than 50%). If the "consortium" resells it
> after Roy does his magic, they will probably be able to recoup their
> investment (or at least come close).

We're hoping to lose no more than $150 or so on resale of the NOS
overlay. Course if anybody out there wants to short circuit the process
and offer $400 or so, please let us know!! :-)

> In any event, buying it so that Roy can repro it is a wonderful gift to the
> vector community. Thanks guys!!

Your most welcome!! There was just a bit of motivated self-interest at
work here too, I must humbly admit. Several of us have Quantum cabs in
need of CPO's, and at least one of us may be about to acquire a cab...
:-)

Noel