Re: RE: Space Wars

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 18:01:53 EST

Im guessing that the co-processor would be stuck in the address range where there is some
space available. The native Space Duel code wouldn't even know it was there and therefore
the game would play exactly as usual. The purpose of the co-processor is sort of just like
a helper. If the game code wants to do a complicated computation but not sacrifice display
updates, then it would give the co-processor a chuck of data and some info on what to do
with it, then when the co-processor was done, it would signal the game code and let it
know that the data is done being processed. The game code would now have it's answer
without having to hardly any work.
  The co-processor would just be a tool that was there if a programmer wanted to use it.