Asteroids Deluxe Problem

From: Jon Raiford <raiford_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 08:56:19 EST

I am fixing an AD for a friend of mine and it has some weird behavior. Check out ftp://arcade.ne.mediaone.net/incoming/astdlx/ADProblem.mpg. This is only a problem during the high score screen. Occasionally, there are some random vectors when objects pass through this area, but generally they are fine. And test mode works great.

I thought maybe the DAC for the X axis was maybe having problems, but now I'm not sure. Unless anyone has any great insight, I'm just going to let them have it as-is and wait until it gets worse to fix it (after all, I'm not getting paid for the work).

I also put the UV protectant in this game as well. If you want to see a screen shot, check out ftp://arcade.ne.mediaone.net/incoming/astdlx/Asteroids Deluxe Screen.jpg. Notice that you can't see the tube at all (not just because its a crappy pic either). Thanks again Rodger for that idea..

Jon