Re: WTB: WG6100 tube

From: Mark A. Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 17:10:08 EST

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Rodger Boots wrote:

> $165 for the tube is sweet, isn't it? Nice of Richardson to keep coming up with a
> supposedly obsolete tube. Even nicer that they will sell them a tube at a time to
> individuals. Unfortunately they are one of the few companies that will deal
> without you having to be a company with 100+ quantity requirements. They deserve
> our business.
>
> Actually I didn't hold much hope that they had any since I had heard here a while
> back that they no longer had them.

Really?? I just recently posted that I bought one from them.

> The woman I talked to (at 800-222-CRTS)
> admitted that they didn't have any and seemed almost apologetic that it would be 2
> weeks before any would come in.

That's exactly what she told me to. So apparently they just wait for one
of us to call up before they make any more. Service on demand!

> AND she knew that her market for these were
> collectors of vector arcade games. Simply unbelievable customer service, VERY
> rare these days.

FWIW, mine came to $182 when all was said and done (tax + shipping). I'm
considering buying another one, too.

--
Mark Jenison