Major havoc too dark?

From: Mark E Davidson <Burbs1_at_concentric.net>
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 23:13:16 EST

I don’t know if my original question went through as I’m having problems
with my mail server tonight. My original message went

Question on a Major Havoc conversion. Since I have located all the parts

to do such a conversion, I am anxious so give it a try. Got my PC board,

adapter for ether Space Duel / Black Widow or a Tempest adapter board if

I choose to do a Tempest. I downloaded the manuals form Dave's site and
reading through them there is two topic that puzzle me. The fist one is
a section on modifying the power supply What are we doing here? The
manual
just says connect this to that but I need to know why or at least what
Im trying to do. The second is modifications to a WG 6100 monitor adding

diodes all over the place. Has anyone actually converted their machine
using this the manual as a guide? Is this all 100% necessary and will it

still be good to use in a Tempest, SD etc. after adding doing all this
modifications.

Ok well I answered the power supply question .. The additions are for
the fan, the kit wanted you to add. Seems that the instructions in the
tempest conversion manual are better then the SD / BW version

I could not wait to try it out so I just slapped everything in my
machine and powered it up.. Board works! Cool! But my screen was very
dim. Turning up the
brightness to JUST before you can see vector redraws brings it to an
acceptable brightness level but I feel I should have more. The screen is
also slightly cocked
clockwise where it wasn’t before I pulled out the BW board. Is any of
this because I didn’t perform the monitor upgrade above?

Thanks in advance
-=Mark=-
http://www.basementarcade.com