Re: Re: Quantum overlay

From: Alan J McCormick <gonzothegreat_at_juno.com>
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 22:36:35 EST

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000 13:17:17 -0700 (MST) Kurt Mahan <kmahan@xmission.com>
writes:

> I hold out hope for finding a Quantum cabinet sometime in my lifetime
> but until then I think I could scrape up a Crystal Castles or a
Millipede.

I know this would be heresy to some but did you consider converting a
Gravitar/Widow/SD cab?

SD would be the last choice since it has extra speakers & ports. This is
only important if you think you can find replacement artwork :)

If you found one that was sound structurally but the art & such was a
lost cause, you could make a new CP (like with the 25" MH) and you should
be in business once you have the hardware (no easy task)

While on that subject, a few months ago I asked about cabinet differences
between Quantum and the other Atari vectors. I looked at my photos from
Videotopia and the only difference I could see was that the CP for
Quantum is larger (it goes farther back into the cab to accomodate the
midi trakball)

What I would like to know is if the outer dimersions are the same. Could
somebody with a Quantum and some other vector like SD (prefered)

Virtu-Al