RE: WTB: WG6100 tube

From: Fish, David <dfish_at_bev.etn.com>
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 09:00:56 EST

>A search of their website doesn't produce any hits for the M48AAWOOX,
>the medium res amplifone tube. Their has been some controversy over
>whether one of the other Amplifone tubes, the 19VNJP22 is also med res.
>After discussing with David Fish, I am beginning to think it may be low
>res, unfortunately. The sad conclusion of this would be that the Wells
>Gardner 19k6400 series monitors were low res as well.. :-( In any
>event, Richardson does not appear to carry the 19VNJP22 tubes
>(at least
>snip>

Oh Jeez! Don't go by what I say, I never do! I'm far from being an
expert on the subject. I was relating to you what a tube rebuilder
told me and he could have been mistaken. The only way we're going to
solve this is by either finding an old RCA and/or Rauland data book
or sheet for these tubes. Although it may be possible to measure the
number of triads per inch and compare. Hmmmmm...

David Fish "We want...Information. INFORMATION
Melrose, MA USA You won't get it!
   fishd@tiac.net By hook or by crook we will"
   dfish@bev.etn.com _The Prisoner_