Making my contribution...

From: K.Sandrick <300zx_at_one.net>
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 23:32:30 EST

All,

I've got something I'd like to donate to the group in the hopes it may somehow benefit everyone in some manner. It's an Octagon Systems SBS-1100 Z-80 development kit. I've had it in my posession for several years, but have never done anything with it. I'd like to offer it to someone who might be able to do something worthwhile with it, maybe even something that could benefit all of us. I would hope that someone such as Clay, Al, Gregg, or Jeff H. (or another qualified individual) would take posession of it and put it to good use. I've been reading the vectorlist off/on for a while now, gleaning what pearls of knowledge I could with every posting I read here or in the archives. Consider this my way of saying, "thank you."

I'm not even certain that it works, or that it's complete, but better that be found out in more capable hands than my own. It has the EB-3000 enclosure base, a PS-1000 power supply card, the SBS-1000 card, CAMBASIC, a few cables, a d/a card, and a KP-1 keypad. I checked with Octagon and found that they no longer support this system and consider it to be obsolete, but it's still supported by Jim Rogo and company at Remote Processing Corporation (www.remoteprocessing.com) I didn't want to offer this if there wasn't any hope of supporting it.

My only conditions are that you genuinely have something worthwhile planned for it, it must in some way support the community, and that you cover shipping costs. Please don't take it if you can't do the above. However, if you feel you can, then please contact me.

Very respectfully,
Kristopher Sandrick
Cincinnati, OH
300zx@one.net