Re: Source for AY-3-8912 chips

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 10:43:35 EST

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Mark A. Jenison wrote:

> BTW, I double checked my Star Trek this weekend, and no "Sector Secured"
> voice is heard on mine; version B softare. As far as the "Player 1" start
> thing, I don't have my game set for attract mode.

No sector secured here either.

On the "Press player 1 voice" -- here's the thing. When you put a coin in,
it just plays the music. However, if you don't press start, it will
continue to cycle through attract mode, and eventually come back to the
screen saying "Press Player 1". THAT is when the voice is triggered, at
least on my Offical Clay Cowgill MultiGame machine.

So this suggests 2 hacks for a V2 Multigame eprom:

1) Have it say "sector secured".
2) Hijack one of the lesser-used coin modes (4 coin / 1 Credit maybe) to be
Free Play. Credit counter initialized to 2, and not decremented on game
start.

-Chris