Re: Source for AY-3-8912 chips

From: Mark A. Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 15:17:45 EST

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Todd Miller wrote:

> > > So this suggests 2 hacks for a V2 Multigame eprom:
> > >
> > > 1) Have it say "sector secured".
> >
> > This doesn't exist on the game today, so you'd be asking Clay to write new
> > speech.
> >

> Really guys...I heard it say "sector secured" & "Red Alert" (later in game
> play) I don't think I'm going crazy. I'm trying to remember when I heard
> this, if I was using the complete original PCB set or if I just used the speech
> board w/multigame. Does anyone have a ST using the original eprom/CPU
> board, not the multigame, that would be willing to check this out ? Maybe it's an
> issue with the multigame coding ? I guess I'm being a bit nit picky...
>
> The speach is docummented at;
>
> http://www.spies.com/arcade/simulation/gameHardware/G80ref1.20

Hmmm...you're right...I know Spock does mention the numbers during the
game, but not in test, so I guess test is not a true indication of all
working speech.

I am testing using a stock Star Trek PCB set.

However, I have also played late into the game, and still have never heard
"Sector secured", or "Red Alert"...If they *are* there, we should
definitely add them in.

I guess my point is you probably shouldn't be too worried about not
hearing them on your multigame. Your boards are probably fine.

--
Mark Jenison