Re: Bridge rectifier

From: Noel Johnson <nej_at_airmail.net>
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 23:29:33 EST

         What's the capacitance and voltage on "big blue"? There's a
surplus
> place just down the road from me that has a whole shelf full of those
> computer-grade electrolytic "soda cans"; I could check with him and see
> what he wants for them... (Although I'm not sure $7.00 is all that out of
> line for one of those... what would you consider a "reasonable" price?)

I believe it's 27,000uf at 15 volts. As you know larger voltages are OK
too... And I've had luck using higher uf in this application as well.
I have used 35,000uf at 40 volts with no problems at all. Anyone out
there have any thoughts on using larger caps in the main transformer??

In any event, some of the surplus supply houses have computer grade caps
in the $3 to $4 range, I suspect that is what Gregg was hoping for.

Thanks,
Noel