Re: Source for AY-3-8912 chips

From: Noel Johnson <nej_at_airmail.net>
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 23:44:22 EST

Sorry folks,

As usual, I was mistaken. My Star Trek only says "Sector Secured" on
the screen in letters. Spock's voice does say "entering Sector 1.X" as
you enter each sector. It also says "welcome aboard captain" when you
start a game and "Congratulations High Score" when appropriate. I even
tried the ROM's off my dead speech board, with the same results. My
ROM's are apparantly rev. A. (both sets). They are lettered:

1872 A
1871 A
1607 A

With the "A"'s in red magic marker.