Star Wars Controller alignment

From: Paul Sommers <Paul.Sommers_at_cwo.com.au>
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 17:12:18 EST

Gang,

My first question:

When I run self test the controller is perfectly aligned, but when I play
the game the controller needs to be at about 35 degrees to fly straight.

I read in the manual last night that it has a self calibrating controller
and by playing the game and moving it to the extremes of the screen it would
calibrate itself - it didn't, and the manual doesn't elaborate any further.

I probably rushed it, being excited and all, but am I doing it right?

Cheers
MacMan