Re: Dedicated MH Roller Replacement - Finished.

From: Gregg Woodcock <woodcock_at_fastlane.net>
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 22:54:29 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: tom mcclintock <tomm@mgcap.com>
To: <vectorlist@synthcom.com>
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2000 10:17 AM
Subject: Re: VECTOR: Dedicated MH Roller Replacement - Finished.

> Here's the information from James:
>
> "The dimensions on the bearings are 1/4" ID, 5/8" OD and 0.196 width.
> The McMaster-Carr part # for the ones I used is 57155K38."
>
> I just received an oil-impregnated cast nylon rod from McMaster-Carr
> (sounds so sexy...) and it should machine up into some nice rollers.
> Apparently the only color cast nylon came in was a sickly green, so it
> is probably the same manufacturer/product that Atari used. I was going
> to try and get some roller assemblies made up here in Dallas, but the
> machinist I was going to use is all full for the next few months.
> Anyone know of a good source, or Mark, do you want to make a run of the
> roller assemblies?

The industrial section of North Garland is absolutely JAM PACKED with small,
medium and large machinists. Just head for the area around 78/Lavon and
North Garland Ave and drive around. There is a machinist, welder or some
other kind of metal worker in about every 3rd business. I kid you not. In
fact, I have often wondered if we have the distribution and manufacturing
base to start a pinball company in Garland!!! You walk around that area and
every few blocks hear the thundering drumming of a machine press going 24/7!