Re: BU406 vs. BU406D

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 12:13:14 EST

In a message dated 3/6/00 11:27:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
msell@ontimesupport.com writes:

<< I replaced a faulty BU406D in my Star Wars with a generic BU406
 replacement, and used an external diode to complete the fix. Mine has been
 working fine for almost a year now with 3 months "on location" with no
 problems. I'm also using the Wintron replacement transformer.

     I personally don't like using an external diode - not as long as
BU406D's are still available.
     I think Zonn might have said something before about an external diode on
a BU406 affecting the resonance of the MCI a while ago?? I don't know if I'd
want to risk my MCI or anything else on the board if BU406D's are still
available.

MK