WG6100 doesn't work - now what?

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 20:13:51 EST

        (Whoops - hit the wrong keys and sent the previous one prematurely...)

        I should've known it wouldn't be this easy... :/

        OK - I did a full cap-kit job on my SPACE DUEL's Wells-Gardner, using
Clay Harrell's "upgrade/fix" instructions on what additional parts to
change out along with the ones in Zanen's kit. At the same time, I
installed one of Jeff's LV2000 low-voltage boards (which I purchased in
assembled/tested form).

        Unfortunately... it still doesn't work. Nothing goes up in smoke this
time, though, so I suppose this is _some_ kind of progress. :) When I turn
the game on, both LED's on the LV2000 light up, along with the spot-killed
LED on the deflection board. After a couple of seconds (I assume this
delay represents the game logic doing bootup and self-test, and is thus
normal?), the spot-killer LED goes out... and so does LD1 on the LV2000
board. At the same time, I can hear the vector "chatter" coming from the
neck assembly, and if I give the monitor a few moments to warm up I can see
a scrambled image, almost like TV static, in the bottom-right corner of the
display.

        Gregg's repair document suggests this is due to a bad ZD101... but
since I have an LV2000, I don't _have_ a ZD101 anymore, so... where do I
go from here? :)