Re: DVG Multigame and Clay's ADL Multigame

From: Neil Bradley <neil_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 16:15:49 EST

> Given that the response for the ADL multigame has been pretty slow to build
> I'm just concerned that the real die-hard types will build one based on
> Neil's Deluxe hardware and not be interested in mine when it comes out. (I
> don't want anyone to think it's a matter of "not invented here", but really
> more a matter of "if I spend all the time, will enough people want it?".)

In my case I'm not concerned if anyone wants my mods at all. Hell, I don't
even know if I can do it! But the idea is to push myself beyond my basic
understanding of TTL.

> I suppose since mine is an Asteroids conversion the argument can be made
> that Neil's Deluxe version won't directly compete... The "gotcha" is that
> I've got a lot of hardware (A/D, POKEY, big PCB, SRAMs, NOVRAM, etc.) which

Wait - is yours a replacement board or is it a mod to a regular 'roids
board?

> (Oh, while I'm thinking of it though Neil-- if you do a software patch to
> move Lunar Lander's display "down" on the monitor I'd really be eager to see
> that... I have a hardware workaround I'm not super-happy with.)

Spoken like a true hardware guy - someone who makes hardware mods to work
around software problems. ;-) Yeah, I've noticed everything is shifted,
too. I'll fix it so it's shifted properly. Should just be a simple matter
of positioning the beam when various things are drawn.

FWIW, If you want to take the sources (disassemblies, actually) and use
them in your for-profit venture, fine by me.

-->Neil