Re: DVG Multigame and Clay's ADL Multigame

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 16:02:21 EST

On Sat, 11 Mar 2000, Clay Cowgill wrote:

> will make for a big PCB and probably a $125 price tag... Compared to some
> free ROMs and a few TTL chips I'm not sure I can compete, even with fancy
> features... (Price of Asteroids Deluxe board + chips < my kit price would
> have to be.)

And a board, sockets, or wire-wrap stuff, and the time to debug the thing .
. .

Take anyone who already has an Asteroids board and not an AD -- add the cost
of the AD board to Neil's (because you aren't going to SELL your existing
Asteroids board, just 'in case') plus rewireing harness to fit an Asteroids
cab, you may be comperable in cost. It's easy for the little parts to add up
to real money. I think you are on the money they don't compete.

My Asteroids table is still waiting to be the first ever Cocktail Lunar
Lander. :-)

-Chris