Re: Relocatable vector games available

From: chumblespuzz <chumblespuzz_at_home.com>
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 08:20:25 EST

Ooo, Ooo, Mr. Cowgill, Mr. Cowgill... ;)

Did you say menu system? I know we all went around on this for the Tempest
MG, but after living with that one for a while, I'd like to request some
changes...

1) There should be a user settable default stored in NVRAM.
2) Pressing the P1 and P2 buttons should bring up the menu.
3) The menu should not come up on power up.

On the TMG, if you set a default, the only way to get to the menu is to open
the machine, flip the test switch and then hit P1+P2. It would be alot
cleaner if that wasn't necessary. Also, If you want to have a "secure" mode
(no menu available), perhaps you could then look at the test switch.

An alterantive to a defaut setting is just always bring up the last played
game on power up.

And, of course, we all anxiously await the new game that you'll include,
Asteroids Lander Deluxe. Have a hilighted asteroid on which you must land.
You would have to sync up movements pretty precisely as you can only thrust
forward. As you slow down, the asteroid catches up with you and you land. If
you shoot the asteroid, it breaks leaving a smaller piece to land on plus
one to destroy. Etc, Etc, Etc,.

Either that, or vector Pong. :)

-roy-