Re: Relocatable vector games available

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 02:44:32 EST

For the high price of a couple of dollars you could have a PIC processor that
uses one pin to do the A-D conversion (pot and capacitor) and the other pins to
output the result to a 74LS244. OR just shoot it in serial format to an unused
DIP switch or control line. Something like the PIC waits for a DIP switch
read, delays slightly, then sends a serial stream to an unused control input
line where the 6502 can grab it. If the PIC runs off the the 6502 clock source
the code becomes way simpler (because it is now NOT asynchronous).

Or one of those serial A-D chips. Use the DIP switch read as the clock to send
the data out of the chip to an unused control input.

(Or just ignore me, I don't have anything to install your board in anyway).

Clay Cowgill wrote:

> > Does this mean no analog control for the Lunar Lander?
>
> It'll have it if the POKEY can do it, otherwise no... (compromises,
> compromises...) I think I can get the dip switch off of POKEY though and
> use the NVSRAM instead for settings, which leaves POKEY's input port free.
>
> -Clay

Windows:
32 bit graphical interface for a
16 bit patch for an