Re: Relocatable vector games available

From: Clay Cowgill <vector_clay_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 12:38:47 EST

>For the high price of a couple of dollars you could have a PIC processor
>that
>uses one pin to do the A-D conversion (pot and capacitor) and the other
>pins to
>output the result to a 74LS244.

Now that's two more chips and probably 2 sq/in of board area... ;-)

There was no technical difficulty with the A/D. I had a ADC0804 just
hanging off the databus selected from the CPLD. The A/D was only like $1.40
or something...

The idea was to simplify my design to make it cheaper and faster to produce.
  Only a couple people were interested in the A/D thrust input, so out the
window it went. (I think the POKEY will be able to do it anyway for free as
long as I can free the I/O port.)

-Clay