Re: Prototype Major Havoc Roller (from long ago...)

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 13:48:27 EST

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000 10:19:35 PST, you wrote:

>>Isn't that the one that can run MAME ???
>
>I'm not sure if this one has the Digita OS or not actually. It's got a
>really snazzy color menu system-- obviously a fair amount of CPU behind it.
>Not sure if it'll accept user executables or not. (Alas, it doesn't have
>the little "joypad" for controls...)
>
>(Anyone else notice that the latest MAME source tree is something like 24M
>now? Geez....)

I was just looking for a new digital camera earlier this week (I currently
have a Sony FD88 which is the perfect "vacation" camera).

I'm sure the 280 has the downloadable operating system (I know you can get
updates for it on the Kodak website, you should check it out and see if you're
current.)

I was looking at the 290 which is pretty much the same camera (hardware-wise)
but with much better scripting abilities (it supports built in time lapse
which I think will be cool for catching some of the thunderstorms that roll in
at a place on the grand canyon we camp at a lot), and it also supports
lossless (TIF) images (important for the time lapse if you don't want little
"jpeg ants" - those weird creatures you see in bad mpegs, crawling all over
your time lapse movies.

All in all though, the 280 is a nice camera! (And I thought is *was* the one
MAME ran in, I don't think the 290 was out when they announced the MAME
thing.)

-Zonn