Re: Prototype Major Havoc Roller (from long ago...)

From: Clay Cowgill <vector_clay_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 14:12:41 EST

>I was looking at the 290 which is pretty much the same camera
>(hardware-wise)
>but with much better scripting abilities (it supports built in time lapse
[...]
>All in all though, the 280 is a nice camera! (And I thought is *was* the
>one
>MAME ran in, I don't think the 290 was out when they announced the MAME
>thing.)

Yeah, I was thinking DC290 for the above listed features as well, but the
DC280 was $528 at ecost.com, and the DC290 was $899? Being that the most
expensive camera I ever bought before was made of cardboard and came with
film in it I just couldn't bring myself to spend $900... ;-)

I really wanted something for doing documentation (macro mode,
lots-o-pixels) for Multigames, and the Kodak's seem to have really good
picture quality.

-Clay