RE: The King is dead

From: Noel Johnson <nej2001_at_my-Deja.com>
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 10:02:03 EST

--
On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 07:59:44   Jon Raiford wrote:
>I'd hate to burst everyone's collective bubble, but we all *really* know
>that there are probably 10 times more ms pac's in private homes than Tempest.
I'm glad you brought this up.  I almost posted a similar response last night.  As much as I love Tempest (started playing 2 to 3 hours a day in late '81 when it came out), there can be no doubt that there are many many more Ms. Pac's than Tempests sitting in private gamerooms around this country.  We could get into a heated discussion over the definition of "collector", however I consider anyone who owns a couple of arcade games to meet that definition..
My 2 cents...
Noel