Re: Potentially stupid Tempest question

From: Matt J. McCullar <mccullar_at_flash.net>
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 01:14:31 EST

> Peter Fyfe wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I have a few Tempest boards that i'd like to test. Not having any
> spare colour xy monitors to use on my bench i'm wondering if i could
> hook it up to a monochrome xy monitor.

If you've got access to an oscilloscope, Peter, you could use that. Set
it to X/Y mode. Put one probe on the X output, the other on the Y
output, and if the board works you will see the game action on the
'scope screen. You'll also see normally invisible retrace lines, too,
but it's a good, inexpensive method of board testing.

HTH,

Matt J. McCullar
Arlington, TX

(P.S. works for other X/Y games, too.)