Re: Looking for a WG6100 HV part

From: Matt J. McCullar <mccullar_at_flash.net>
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 00:46:37 EDT

> > > Matt,
> > >
> > > Mine is open but it seems to have gotten really hot and the plastic is someone
> > > brittle, so repairing the open would likely prove a little difficult.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Dan

Hmm... understandable that the plastic has been heat-rotted with time.
But as long as you've got the core, you could probably still wind your
own replacement if you're really up against it. Just use the same gauge
wire and count the number of turns. And you could cut your own
replacement plastic parts from raw material. Or get it from other scrap
transformers.

Sure, you could buy a new one if it's still available. I just like to
see what I can do with what's available. I once saw my dad fix a
garage-door opener with a popsicle stick. :)

Matt J. McCullar
Arlington, TX