Re: Test equipment

From: Al Kossow <aek_at_spies.com>
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 13:22:35 EDT

"Al - you referenced "modular ...depending on the verticle and horizontal
plugins" this worries me a bit - what should I look for to insure at least a
minimum of usesfullness from this unit?
"

I've gotten into collecting Tek 5xx and 7xxx series test equipment recently,
so I probably should fill in the test equipment section of arcade/TE on spies.

7xxx series scopes have modules for the vertical and horizontal sections. The
most common vertical modules were two channel 7A24 or 7A26. With two plugged
in, you can have four simultainous channels. 7B53's were common horizonal
plugins (around 100Mhz sweep). They are pretty big units, though (about twice
the size of a 465 portable two channel 100Mhz scope). They do have on screen
display of the time base and vertical voltage settings.

The most importaint thing to find out (other than if it works) is which
modules the scope has.