Re: Asteroids Deluxe board broblems.

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 17:43:38 EDT

If you have a scope, check the output of the DACs. Should show NO SIGNAL.
These are CURRENT devices, the first op amp (current to voltage convertor)
after should show the signal on it's output and feedback loop only. If you
see a signal on the DAC replace the OP amp first. Next is the signal (have
the board in SelfTest) more or less balanced across the zero-volt line of
the scope? If so, then go to the output of the last op amp, is it balanced?
If not, check inputs. If balanced replace output op amp. I assume you have
verified the +15/-15/+8/-8 of course...

John :-#)#

  http://www.flippers.com