RE: tReplacement Diodes for G-05 / Microsemi info

From: John Mehrtens <John_at_Drag-Net.com>
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 18:31:25 EDT

Does anyone know the specs of the original parts? Or are the tolerances of
the ECG/NTE/SK replacements good enough to use without apprehension? I've
had very bad luck with generic replacements in some equipment I've worked
on, while most circuits take well to the replacements (ie ECG123).

Microsemi has a great part-matching service if we know the original part
specs. Also, they may have diodes with better current handling capacity.

If the generic replacements are good enough, that'd be great too.

-John

Rodger Boots said,

] BY208-600 & BY208-1000 both cross to NTE558, ECG558, SK3998 which is a
1500
] volt fast-recovery 1 amp rectifier.
] The -600 stood for 600 volts and the -1000 stood for 1000 volts.

John Mehrtens wrote:

> I hate to say I don't have a cross-reference for Atari's diodes
(BY-208-600
> and BY-208-1000), though I did get this info about Micro Quality Semi /
> Microsemi. It seems that according to their site, if Varo, Inc ever made
> the diodes, they're still making it because of their "no product
> obsolescense" policy. This is a GOOD thing!!
>
> Now if we can figure out the properties of the two HV diodes, someone at
MQS