RE: Space Duel Question

From: Chris Loggans <chris.loggans_at_deltasolutions.com>
Date: Sun Oct 01 2000 - 23:34:13 EDT

The last SD board that I had with those symptoms had a bad custom Vector
Generator Addresser IC. It's the 40 pin IC near the output section of the
board. If you have another Atari color vector game (post-Tempest) then you
should try swapping this chip with another one to see if it fixes your
problem.

Good Luck,
-Chris

PS - If that is the problem and you need a replacement, I know Clay Cowgill
did a run of replacements for this chip. I think he still has some
available.