RE: Major Havoc Screen problems

From: Evrovski, Andrew <andy_at_cyberplex.com>
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 00:24:01 EDT

Hi,

    Thanks for everybody's help in my Major Havoc woes. I still have some
woes though. The board with the X/Y scaling problem now does not display
anymore. I can hardly see any lines being drawn. Various test screens draw
squirley lines towards the bottom of the screen, but not may and they are
scrambled up at the bottom. This board does seem to play (get sound, can
rack up credits and play. I get the shooting sounds and ship sounds so I
know it's playing). Spot killer is not on.

    I have 2 other boards which do not output any video (spot killer IS on
here). But again, these boards do work (ie. hear sounds, can play game get
all the proper sounds and sequences). Other than the resistors, how can I
look at the parts/chips and determine if they are/aren't working? I suppose
I can start replacing all the chips and whatnot in the area which I think is
the video output stage, but that'll cost me and time-consuming not to
mention I'll probably break something while taking some of the components
off. :-)

    ANyway, any additional help you folks can provide I would appreciate.

Thanks
Andy