Pictures of Joel's Penny Arcade

From: Rosenzweig, Joel B <joel.b.rosenzweig_at_intel.com>
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 10:21:40 EST

Hi all,

Some of you have asked to see pictures of my basement arcade. My new son
was on his way any day and I wanted to be able to share pictures of him with
the family, so I decided to get some "real" internet access from home and
some space on the web to share some photos. My son arrived on Thanksgiving
day, so now I had an opportunity to put together a website with some
pictures of the boy and the arcade. :-) How convenient.

Visit: http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze25r6t and select Joel's Penny
Arcade from the featured links. I built this room over the course of about
6 months, working on it in my spare moments after work and on the weekends.
I started it the first week of July of 1999, and finished the first week of
January, 2000. What you'll see are the result of 40+ trips to Home Depot,
lots of work, and a lot of fun. These pictures were taken when the arcade
was just completed. A few machines were added since these pictures were
taken, but the room looks essentially the same now.

A lot of people ask about the neon sign. I had this custom made by a guy
named Howie Cohen, who runs a shop called Just Neon, in Utica, NY. FYI, his
address is http://www.borg.com/~hcohen/ if anyone is interested in
contacting him for your own custom neon work. My wife's name is Penny, so
the name works out very well. Without her, it probably would have been
Joel's Arcade. :-) My brother designed the art for the sign after I gave
him the theme. "I want a PAC-MAN ghost ... BIG... BLUE!" He ran with that,
and several iterations later, we came up with the art for the sign shown.
You've got to see it turned on in real life. The colors are amazing - the
photos simply do not capture the real glow. (Yes, you can tell that I
really like the sign.)

Enjoy the pictures.

Joel-