Re: Amplifone Def. Bd. Rebuilding

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 16:48:29 EST

winslow@earthlink.net writes:

<< 5. Is there a document available or in progress detailing this upgrade
 process ? If not, I'd be willing to help compile information for
documenting. >>

It's coming. I'm sorry it has taken me so long. I've been doing it for the
past year or so, but I've allways got 20 things going at one time. I can give
you a general breakdown of the upgrades within a day or so over the
Vectorlist.
The Amplifone deflection boards were made VERY well in my opinion, there's
not a whole lot that really needs done outside of recapping, eliminating the
damn brown jumpers, adding the "fishhook" diodes on the inputs, and
resoldering joints that are notorious for getting cold. The only other thing
I can think of at the moment is replacing the pots, many jitters are often
caused from the pots.