Re: BZ board shows right half of screen only..please help..

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 00:36:54 EST

In a message dated 1/10/01 6:10:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
highwayman2000@mail.ru writes:

<< in the analog area of the pcb if i remember that far back, there are 2
voltage regulators.

 7815 - positive voltage regulator - 15v
 &
 7915 - negative voltage regulator - 15v

Thanks for the responses! I have a good +15 (actually 16.2v) and a good -15
(actually -16.2v). I'm getting a good +15, -15 and +5 at all dacs in the AVG.
Again, this problem is NOT monitor related, the machine works great with my
friends working boardset.

>>the negative is for up and left of centre, and the positive is for right
and down.<<

So, If I'm missing the left half of the screen, this would mean that I'm not
getting the -15 that drives the upper left, and the +15 that drives the
lower left?

One wierd thing happened yesterday; I was adjusting some of the pots, and
when I adjusted yBip, the screen began to fill out to about 90% on the left
side. However, the high score screen was crooked, with the lowest score in
the lower left of the screen, to the highest on the upper right. I'm
thinking, "WoW! I'll change the 200ohm pot for yBip, maybe it's just a bad
pot.." No luck. I'm back to only the right half of the screen with the new
pot installed. I've since socketed and replaced both Am6012's (A9, D9) Dac08
(C9), All 3 DG201's (B10, E10, C11), as well as the TL082 at D10. I still
have only the right side of the screen.
Does anybody know the purpose of the caps that are soldered directly to pins
1 & 2 of the TL082's? I've seen boards that have these, and some that don't.

Any more help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Michael Kelley