Re: Asteroids vector question

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Sat Jan 13 2001 - 23:28:21 EST

On Sat, 13 Jan 2001 03:49:23 -0600, Rodger Boots <rlboots@cedar-rapids.net>
wrote:

>Neil Bradley wrote:
>
>> I have an Asteroids machine that has a problem in the monitor. I know it's
>> the monitor itself because the same problem occurs whether I'm using
>> any of several Asteroids or Asteroids Deluxe boards.
>>
>> The problem is the picture will get slightly more vertical, like someone
>> turned up the vertical size. Then it pops back down again. Then back
>> up. Is this something that's fairly easy to fix?
>>
>> BTW, Anyone know where I can buy a new picture tube for my Asteroids
>> machine? I'd like to get the Omega Race burnin out of it. ;-)
>>

>If you're talking about a 19VARP4 (standard 19" B&W tube), Richardson Electronics
>supposedly has them for $108. The contact person is at dsg@rell.com or
>800-222-CRTS (800-222-2787). Unless someone has pissed them off they used to be
>really friendly to home arcade people.

These guys have a 69" B&W CRT!

Part: CE732M59P4GT

For $85 (!)

What's the chance of getting one of these to work in Space War? That'd be cool!

I know the HV supplies used in Cinematronics display were way overkill. There'd
be no problems with convergence, they're B&W. Hmmm....

That would be cool!

There is no datasheet online for the CRT. :^(

-Zonn

(69"!! Must be a typo or something...)