Re: Asteroids vector question

From: J.hagen <j.hagen_at_tds.net>
Date: Sun Jan 14 2001 - 19:24:10 EST

If in case resoldering the pins doesn't work, I've run across that
same problem (slight vertical size changes back and forth) due to a
flaky linearity POT on the monitor main board. With a Wells G, the
vert. adjustment is at R600. The G05 has 4 POTS instead of 2, with
vert. at R600 and R602.

James Hagen

> Take the monitor main board out and resolder ALL the pin connectors.
Should
> fix your problem.
>
> John :-#)#
>
> At 02:15 PM 10/01/2001, Neil Bradley wrote:
> >I have an Asteroids machine that has a problem in the monitor. I
know it's
> >the monitor itself because the same problem occurs whether I'm
using
> >any of several Asteroids or Asteroids Deluxe boards.
> >
> >The problem is the picture will get slightly more vertical, like
someone
> >turned up the vertical size. Then it pops back down again. Then
back
> >up. Is this something that's fairly easy to fix?
> >
> >BTW, Anyone know where I can buy a new picture tube for my
Asteroids